Activism at Gettysburg College
What We Did Here: Activism at Gettysburg College is a digital collection created to gather materials related to activism at Gettysburg College and the surrounding community. While Gettysburg College has extensive special collections and archival material, the documentation of student, faculty, and staff-led activism is wanting. This project is a tool to gather materials in a central location from those who participated in activism in order to tell the stories of those who were there.
The title of this digital collection is drawn from Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address:
"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced."
This digital collection was inspired by the Preserve the Baltimore Uprising 2015 Archive Project developed by the Maryland Historical Society.
Gettysburg College does not hold copyright to the material in the What We Did Here: Activism at Gettysburg College digital collection. As such, Gettysburg College, Musselman Library, and Special Collections and College Archives are not positioned to grant permission to, or requests from, third parties to make use of content in the collection. Unless otherwise indicated, materials are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Gettysburg College will not provide the identity of content creators if the submissions are anonymous or private.
- Content is related to activism on the Gettysburg College campus and surrounding community.
- File size of contributed content does not exceed 250MB.
- Metadata submitted is deemed to be accurate by the administrators of this digital collection.
- Users have the right to submit content and submission does not infringe any existing copyright.
- Content does not provide personal information of the contributor or any other individual, including addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Content does not endorse any commercial product.
- Content does not pose a risk of damage to the network, computers, or servers of Gettysburg College or its project partners.
- Lauren White, '18
- Keira Koch, '19
- Julia Wall, '19
- R.C. Miessler, Systems Librarian
- Janelle Wertzberger, Assistant Dean and Director of Scholarly Communication
Omeka Plugins Used
Omeka Theme Used
Custom CSS and PHP files will be hosted on GitHub when completed.
Credits and Acknowledgements
Parts of the About, Contribute, and Terms and Conditions pages were adapted from the Preserve the Baltimore Uprising 2015 Archive Project developed by the Maryland Historical Society.